The Repro-light project aims to re-conceptualise the European lighting industry towards more sustainability and competitiveness in terms of production and time to market. This will be achieved through the implementation of a modular luminaire architecture and a smart production scheme, demonstrated by the development of a reconfigurable customised LED luminaire designed to improve the customers’ health.
The project specific objectives of the Repro-light project are:
- Development of a customised, intelligent LED luminaire to exactly meet project- specific requirements, allow re-configuration by the customers and enhance health and well-being of workers & the elderly
- Conceptualization of a smart production scheme for the European lighting industry by developing a modular luminaire architecture
- Optimization of lighting solutions’ sustainability by developing and integrating new technologies, materials and life cycle management
- Assessment and demonstration of the usability, technology acceptance and impact (social and environmental) of the modular LED luminaire
- Exploitation and communication of the new sustainable strategy for the European lighting industry
(c) 2017 – Repro-Light Project